Outage Center

Report an Outage

To report an outage call (970) 641-3520.

Experiencing an Outage?

Never touch a fallen or buried power line. It could be dangerous!

If your power goes out, check fuses or circuit breakers in your home and between the meter and your main panel. If you do not see any problems, check with your neighbors to see if they are out of power.

Please report any outage to Gunnison County Electric Association at (970) 641-3520, even if you think everyone else has already reported it. Your call can help us pin down the trouble spot.

lineman truck on road during winterTo expedite your call, be prepared to tell the dispatcher the following:

  • Your name and phone number
  • Your service address
  • How long you have been out of power
  • Any unusual events on or near the property that might have caused the outage.

During brownouts or low voltage events (prolonged dim lights), it is a good idea to turn off or unplug motor loads like refrigerators and pumps until power is restored.

Free Warning Device

There are times when we are unable to contact our members at the time of an outage, and we want to offer an alternative to help you in your efforts to provide for your own safety.

  • For our members on our medical alert list, we offer free warning devices in case of a power outage.
  • The device is called ‘Power Out’ and is meant to sound an auditory alarm when there is an electric power outage.
  • This device also has a portable LED light and can be unplugged and used for up to 2.5 hours.

If you would like one of these devices please stop by our Crested Butte or Gunnison office, or call (970) 641-3520. You will be asked to sign a waiver when you take the device.