Gunnison County Electric Association’s (GCEA’s) Community Solar Garden is a way for you to offset your electric consumption with solar energy. Members are eligible to lease solar shares on a month-to-month basis or participate in a 20-year lease agreement.
Community Solar Garden locations are in Crested Butte at the Waste Water Treatment Plant and in Gunnison at the GCEA Headquarters.
The short-term lease option is currently leased out. Please call to be put on the waiting list. At this time, we encourage members to sign-up for a 20-year lease option.
- $4.71 per month per share
- 5-share limit per GCEA account
- A 20-year lease is $850 per share, with a signed agreement and fee paid upfront
Payback on Production of Leased Panels
- You will receive a bill credit for the monthly production of your solar shares.
- GCEA is responsible for all maintenance and insurance for the Community Solar Garden.
- Net metered accounts are not eligible to participate in Community Solar.