Are you interested in participating in a local effort to produce solar energy and help “green the grid?”
Gunnison County Electric Association’s (GCEA’s) Community Solar Garden is a way for you to offset your electric consumption with solar energy. Members are eligible to lease solar shares on a month-to-month basis or participate in a 20-year lease agreement.
Community Solar Garden locations are in Crested Butte at the Waste Water Treatment Plant and in Gunnison at the GCEA Headquarters.
The short-term lease option is currently leased out. Please call to be put on the waiting list. At this time, we encourage members to sign-up for a 20-year lease option.
- $4.71 per month per share
- 5-share limit per GCEA account
- A 20-year lease is $850 per share, with a signed agreement and fee paid upfront
Payback on Production of Leased Panels
- You will receive a bill credit for the monthly production of your solar shares.
- GCEA is responsible for all maintenance and insurance for the Community Solar Garden.
- Net metered accounts are not eligible to participate in Community Solar.
How to Sign-Up
We are taking names for our new Gunnison Solar Garden. Fill out our online form on our Renewable Energy Programs page to have your name added to our waiting list or call (970) 641-3520 to speak to our energy use advisor. There is currently a 5-share limit per GCEA account.