The Variable Speed Drive (VSD) Retrofit Rebate for commercial accounts applies to the retrofit installation of:
- Variable frequency drives onto existing equipment such as irrigation wells, commercial or industrial machinery.
- If a new irrigation motor is installed at the same time it may qualify for a separate motor incentive
- Replacement of existing VSDs, for maintenance or other purposes, does not qualify
- Soft start kits added to existing motors do not qualify
- Commercial accounts only
- Only one project per member account per year
- Rebates must be applied for within 120 days of installation to qualify
The incentive will be the lower of:
- 50% of the cost of the VSD unit or,
- Project cap of $20,000 or,
- Reference table:
|Motor Nameplate Horsepower||Incentive|
|Larger than 250||$6,800|
For more information please contact Gunnison County Electric Association (GCEA) at (970) 641-3520 or fill out the online contact form and GCEA’s energy use advisor will contact you.