Gunnison County Electric Association, Inc. (GCEA) and Tri-State Generation and Transmission, Inc. offer an LED commercial lighting program to provide an incentive for local cooperative businesses for:
- Retrofitting existing lighting systems with energy-efficient LED systems
- New construction LED lighting
- Exterior wall mounted LED lighting
- Exterior pole mounted LED lighting
- Refrigerated case LED lighting
- Interior lighting
LED-to-LED retrofits and LED message/signboards do not qualify.
T-12 retrofits to LEDs require a pre and post-construction inspection to verify the number of T12 fixtures removed and LED fixtures installed. Please contact GCEA’s Energy Use Advisor at (970) 641-3520 to schedule the inspection.
- All LEDs must be 500 lumens or greater to qualify
- Rebate amounts are limited at 50% of the material cost, up to the maximum amounts listed below and a maximum rebate amount of $20,000 per member account per year
- All other nontraditional retrofit or new construction fixture types (not any of the types of lights listed in the following section) have a combined cap of $20,000 or 50% of total LED fixture cost per project/account (whichever amount is less) and is subject to review by Tri-State
- Tri-State also determines the rebate amount for nontraditional fixtures
Rebates must be requested within 90 days of installation.
- 8 foot linear replacement lamp: $6
- 4 foot HO linear replacement lamp: $4
- 3 foot or 4 foot linear replacement lamp: $1.50
- 2 foot linear replacement lamp: $1
- U-bend replacement lamp: $2
- LED rope (per foot): $1
- Screw-in or pin-based lamps: $8
- HID replacement up to 50 watts: $25
- HID replacement 51 to 90 watts: $34
- HID replacement 91 to 125 watts: $55
- HID replacement great than 125 watts: $71
- Wraps: $10 per fixture
- Troffers: $10 for 1 by 4 and 2 by 2, $17 for 2 by 4
- 8 foot fixtures: $21 per fixture
- Can lights: $14 per fixture for 6 inches or smaller, $51 per fixture for 8 inches or larger commercial lights
- Low bay: $45 per fixture for 8 kelvin (K) to 10 K lumens
- High bay: $70 per fixture for greater than 10 K lumens
- Wallpack or sconce lights: $20 per fixture for 1 K to 2 K lumens, $60 per fixture over 2 K lumens
- Bollard lights: $20 per fixture
- Canopy lights: $56 per fixture
- LED exit sings: $7 per sign
- Vacancy/occupancy sensor: $15 per sensor
- 8 ft linear replacement lamp: $12
- 3 ft or 4 ft linear replacement lamp: $3
- 4 ft HO linear replacement lamp: $7
- Wraps: $10/fixture
- Troffers: $15 for 1x4 and 2x2, $20 for 2x4
- 8 ft fixtures: $31/fixture
- Low bay: $54/fixture or 8k to 10k lumens
- High bay: $90/fixture for greater than 10k lumens
LED replacements do not qualify.
- Wraps: $4 per fixture
- Troffers: $4 for 1 by 4 and 2 by 2, $6 for 2 by 4
- 8 Foot fixtures: $8 per fixture
- Can lights: $5 per fixture for 6 inches or smaller, $19 per fixture for 8 inches or larger commercial lights
- Low bay: $17 per fixture for 8 K to 10 K lumens
- High bay: $26 per fixture for greater than 10 K lumens
- Wallpack or sconce lights: $7 per fixture for 1 K to 2 K lumens, $23 per fixture over 2 K lumens
- Bollard lights: $8 per fixture
- Canopy lights: $21 per fixture
- LED exit signs: $3 per sign
- Vacancy/occupancy sensors: $8 per sensor
- Grow lighting: $125/LED replacement
The Refrigerated Case Lighting Program has a cap of $3,000 or 50% of total LED fixture cost per project/account (whichever amount is less). Members can receive 50% of the material cost up to the following:
- $60 per door for reach-in cases
- $10 per foot for open cases
- $23 per door for reach-in cases
- $4 per food for open cases
GCEA and Tri-State Generation and Transmission offer an exterior pole mounted LED lighting rebate program for new, retrofit, or non-maintenance replacement of permanent installations that are purchased by the member. The program is for pole-mounted lighting only; it does not apply to lighting directly attached to buildings, parking garages, or off-street pedestrian lighting, bollards, or lamps of less than 2,100 lumen output. Rebates are calculated based on the lower of the sum of the per-fixture values from the table below or 1/4 of the material cost for each head or retrofit kit, with a maximum rebate of $20,000 per project and member account per calendar year.
The following table refers to incentives for the Retrofit Commercial LED and T-12 Retrofit Commercial LED rebate programs:
|Minimum Fixture Lumens to Receive the Incentive||LED Lighting Incentive per Fixture (if smaller than 1/4 cost of head)||Nominal Watts of Actual or Equivalent Metal Halide or HID Lamps (for general reference only!)|
|13,000||$200||320 to 400|
|5,000||$80||150 to 175|
|2,100||$44||70 to 75|
The following table refers to incentives for New Construction LED Lighting:
|Minimum Fixture Lumens to Receive the Incentive||LED Lighting Incentive per Fixture (if smaller than ¼ cost of head)||Nominal Watts of Actual or Equivalent Metal Halide or HID Lamps (for general reference only!)|
|13,000||$100||320 to 400|
|5,000||$40||150 to 175|
|2,100||$22||70 to 75|
- Incentive only applies to the permanent installation of a new LED head that is purchased by the member.
- HID screw-in replacement lamps or existing head retrofit kits do not qualify as Pole Mounted Lighting.
- Businesses must be located within GCEA's service area and have a commercial account with GCEA to qualify for the incentive.
- Rebates only apply to permanent installations purchased by the co-op business.
- Invoice or receipt and spec sheets for project materials listing costs required.
- One project per member-owner account per year.
- LED-to-LED retrofits and LED message/signboards do not qualify.
- LED back & edge light design will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications will be reviewed after project is completed and verification will be based on the as-built information provided.
Please contact our Energy Use Advisor at (970) 641-3520 for more information.