We provide scholarships for traditional and non-traditional students
Gunnison County Electric Association (GCEA) has provided student scholarships for decades thanks to:
- Unclaimed patronage capital
- The generosity of members
- The Allen, Somrak, and Drake families
- Tri-State Generation and Transmission
- Individual directors
- GCEA employees
A student is eligible to receive a scholarship if the student, their parent, legal guardian, or foster home receives electrical service from GCEA.
How to Apply
2022 application deadline is closed!
First-time applicants must fill out an application form and provide the following information:
- Two letters of recommendation
- High school or college transcripts
- List of high school and community activities
- A 200-word essay or 3-minute video explaining what being part of an electric cooperative means to you
First-time non-traditional students do not need to submit high school transcripts or a list of high school activities.
Returning college students who previously received a GCEA scholarship are eligible for continued funding if they meet certain academic requirements. Return applicants must fill out a return student application and submit an original certified college transcript every year to receive a scholarship.
*5-year scholarship award limit*
Students may apply for scholarships to be applied towards any form of higher education, including community colleges and universities; trade schools; online schools; and international programs. Schools must be accredited.
- The scholarship must be used within the school year.
- Students must have a 2.0 or higher GPA to be eligible to receive a GCEA scholarship.
- Applications should be mailed to GCEA PO Box 180, Gunnison, CO 81230 or emailed to GCEA.
Contributions & Questions
GCEA members may contribute to the scholarship fund through our Operation Round-up® program. Visit our Operation Round-Up® page for more information.
For questions, please call (970) 641-3520.
Emails were sent to students to notify them of the value of their scholarship.